Friday, April 26, 2013

A simple reminder for me and maybe a pre submission of reflective writing :D

Well, I can hardly believe that I'm at the ninth week of semester IMU MBBS.
And this week is the best part of the whole semester's programme.
NURSING WEEK :D
Ok, let me tell you briefly about what we had on this nursing week.
Later in a physician's career, he/she have to deal with so many cases.
And to successfully deliver a proper healthcare to a particular patient, a doctor have to cooperate with the nurses and other healthcare members.
So, that's what we did.
Learning how nurses do their job.
The only experience on that because after this, what we have to do is LEARNING THE DOCTOR'S JOB.
We were sent to Hospital Tunku Jaafar, Seremban for that particular programme.
I knew that the hospital will be havoc and busy but I never thought that it would be that busy. And stressful.
I was placed at the male surgical ward.
I learned how to feed patients using RT, practicing my bp taking skill, and a little bit on behavioral science or ethics maybe.
Hahah, and we were scolded.
Yeah, people will never expect that we are the FIRST YEAR MEDICAL STUDENT. And we know almost nothing about how to play your our in the ward.
Or maybe we should introduce ourselves as FIRST SEMESTER MEDICAL STUDENT.
Or just be really truly honest that we have entered the course for about 9 weeks and that's it.
Yeah, everybody's too busy to ask and even think of that.
How can the not-so-knowledgeable people come into the ward and introducing themselves as medical students?
Hahah.
But I'll take it as a lesson.
And that's the nature of human being.
Learning from mistakes.
And to build more a doctorish identity in myself.
Yeah, I should.
And sorry for everyone-doctors, patients, nurses.
Because we didn't give much help :D
But believe me, we'll improve. In Shaa Allah.

Someone please tell me that I will be a good doctor on the straight path and with the only  intention, purely to seek Allah's approval.